Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week Five

Dear Sprout,

Today you are five weeks old! You are getting so big, it's kind of crazy. You've gained over two pounds in this first month of your life. That seems like a lot, but it's right on track for what you should be doing. This definitely means you're getting the food you need.

Baron the Hutt

I have finally started making enough milk to feel like I'm getting ahead. Hooray! You are eating well and I have enough stashed that I don't feel like I can't keep up with you.

And then, of course, I get sick. I'm going to do the best I can to keep ahead while feeling so awful. Your daddy has let me rest quite a bit and taken care of you. That's awesome. Of course, I can only hope that I am better before he leaves for San Francisco.

Yes, that's right. Your dad is leaving us to go to San Francisco for six days for work. The only thing that has saved him from my wrath (and let's be honest, I am still really wrath-y right now.)  has been that your Nana will be here a day after he leaves and your Grandpa will be here the weekend. They will be staying until Thanksgiving, so your first Thanksgiving will be with the four of us.

We'll make dinner a day early so they can head home the day of Thanksgiving. I haven't quite figured out our menu, but it will be a fun day for all of us. Especially you. You get to be the center of attention and you really seem to enjoy that.

How do I know you enjoy it?

You've started to smile.



Your Nene was here with us for the past month and she just went home this past weekend. You sent her off well... with smiles and coos when she spoke to you. You really loved having her around. We will definitely miss her.

Sometimes you and I will lay down and have a chat and you will just smile and babble.

It's pretty amazing. I mean, you've always done the sleepy smiles and giggles, but now you are 100% aware of what you are doing. You see mommy and you smile. You hear daddy and you smile. If you didn't steal hearts before, you sure are doing it now.



You've had so much company recently that it's kind of hard going from a bunch of people around to nobody. Your great-granny and your great aunts were here with you last week. You were such a trooper. You spent a lot of time in your Moby, just relaxing while we went around doing all of the touristy things. You stayed nice and toasty and I was comfortable holding you all day.

What in the...? I look like somebody's mom.

You were a hit with all of the ladies, that's for sure. We had a lot of fun with them while they were here. 

It's hard on me... not having my family close. Since we've been here, I've never wanted to leave. Until this past weekend. Seeing everyone and then having them all gone, I have to say, I really wanted to pack up and go home. Being all alone out here is hard and it's worse knowing that you will be so limited in how much you get to be with them. Your father leaving for six days makes it even worse. I wouldn't be nearly so upset if I had family nearby to help me out or to just keep me company. 

I want you to know all of these people so much. I miss them so much it hurts. 

Great Granny!
I love you, my baby, my boy, my Baron the Hutt.
Love,
Your mama




No comments:

Post a Comment