Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weeks 6 & 7

Dear Sprout,

Oh, boy, am I ever late!



Trust me, it's not because I forgot about this. I remembered it a lot. A LOT.

It's just that weeks six and seven left the two of us to fend for ourselves without your daddy for six days. We got into a really great pattern that we've managed to mostly keep up with. You eat constantly all day, I can get you to bed around 8:00 or 8:30 PM, then you sleep for a few 4+ hour stretches.

That may not sound like much to some, but I definitely add this to the win category.



These past weeks have also brought your nana and grandpa to town! You had such a great time meeting your grandpa. The two of you hit it off like gangbusters. You would just sit and chatter with him. It was fascinating.



Basically, I didn't exist to you when they were around.

I imagine I got a bit boring to you by then, since you had seen nothing but my mug for days.



But then your daddy came home and we had a nice Thanksgiving with your grandparents and the Pritchetts. Izzy was fascinated by you, which was adorable and wonderful, considering she has her own little baby sister on the way. She massaged your feet and sang you songs and wanted to hold you.

I understand completely. I love doing all of those things, too.


You have been growing like a little weed. It's amazing! The doctor was very impressed with your growth. You have been averaging an ounce a day, which is absolutely the perfect rate. When we were at the doctor last week, you were 11 pounds 3 ounces. By the time Christmas rolls around, you're going to be a svelte 12 - 13 pounds.

And the month after that you will be walking.

My baby, you are growing so well and so much, I'm already missing my brand new baby boy. You become more and more interested in the world around you as the days go by. You like to "talk" with us. You have learned sounds and like to make them repeatedly. You smile when you wake up to your mommy or daddy and you smile in response to our smiles and words.



You and your daddy fill up my heart so entirely, some days I am positive it will burst.

All of my love,
Your mama


No comments:

Post a Comment